This question is one we are asked often on Quora and in-store. Does CBD show on a drug test is a concern of those who work somewhere they’re required to do a frequent drug test. You should be aware of whether or not your workplace has enforced this rule. It will be in your contract.
Table of Contents
Check your contract to see about drug tests
First of all, you need to see what your workplace is testing for. Chances are they’ll be looking for illegal substances, which CBD is not. However, THC, the psychoactive cannabinoid will show up on these tests, as that is illegal. Most likely your urine will be tested for metabolites unless you are giving blood. Check your contract but we are 99% certain they will not be testing for legal CBD.
Will CBD show up in a drug test if it contains THC?
There are different types of CBD. Some CBD contains very small amounts of THC which might cause you to worry that it might show up on a drug test.
CBD isolate is the powder form of the cannabinoid. Cannabidiol has filtered out aggressively so that it is the only ingredient which remains in the product. This will not contain any THC so it certainly will not show up on your drug test.
Full Spectrum CBD
Full-spectrum CBD is less filtered. This means that it contains other elements of the plant, including terpenes and flavonoids. These work in synergy with CBD creating the entourage effect. People choose the full spectrum as they are looking for help with other health conditions as well as the one’s CBD aids. As the filtering process is less aggressive, some THC will get through. In the UK the legal limit is 0.2%. If you have a super sharp drug test system at work there is a very small chance that this could show up.
Broad spectrum CBD
Broad-spectrum CBD is in between isolate and full. It is a more filtered version of full-spectrum CBD. Therefore it does also get rid of some of the terpenes along with the THC.
Which CBD should I choose for CBD to not show up on a drug test
If you are looking for the highest certainty that CBD won’t show on your drug test then choose CBD isolate. CBD won’t show up as it is legal, however THC might if you are using full-spectrum and have super sensitive drug tests.
- CBD oil 500mg 5% 10ml Drops Tinctures I CBD Dispensary£28.99
- Dr Greenlove Cannabis Lollipops£0.70 – £35.90
- CBD Oil 250mg 2.5% 10ml Tinctures I CBD Dispensary£17.99
- CBD Vape Kit I CBD Kit I Athena Refillable Pod Kit£20.00
- AK47 Full Spectrum CBD Eliquid 250mg I Dutchie Original I 10ml£23.99
- CBD Leaf 1000mg 50ml Shortfill E-Liquid (70VG/30PG)£14.00
- Euphoria Cannabis Cola Lollipops 12g x 100pcs£0.60 – £53.98
- Blue Cheese Full Spectrum CBD Eliquid 250mg I Dutchie Original I 10ml£23.99
- 1000mg CBD oil 10% 10ml Drops Tinctures I CBD Dispensary£59.99